Friday, December 30, 2011

Hat and Scarf, Mittens and Boots: Freebie and Mini-Unit

In our school, we had little (and big!) ones show up on chilly days with nothing more than a thin sweatshirt to keep them warm. Meanwhile, I was out in full winter gear- still chilly!

I wrote this poem to serve as a memory tool for extra things that we wear in Winter to keep warm and toasty. In addition, it introduces vocabulary words, addresses changes in temperature and the resulting choices that students should make in terms of their outerwear.

I'm so excited to share my first TPT submission! (click on image to download for FREE!)


If you enjoy the poem, I created an accompanying mini-unit of labelling, counting, printing and drawing activities as well as a letter home to parents about good clothing choices! (Click on image to see)

♥ Miss Moore

4 comments:

  1. thanks for these cute activities
    :) Sue
    theverybusykindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I LOVE the song/poem! Thank you so much for sharing the *freebies*! I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to hop over and check my blog. I have LOTS of *freebies* to grab and am an ESL teacher also! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've awarded you the versatile blogger award. Check it out here.
    http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete